FIGHTING HUNGER WHERE WE LIVE
Our mission is to provide long term and temporary assistance to those who have fallen on difficult times in hopes of returning them to the independent pursuit of their life’s goals.
Even a small gift can make a BIG difference. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop
Your gift of time helps hungry families eat. "Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have." - Jim Rohn
Active Faith Community Services helps people in need in the South Lyon Community School District. This 84 square mile area covers six different municipalities including parts of Oakland, Livingston and Washtenaw Counties.
We continue to distribute food and clothing to over 175 families and assist families in need.
Active Faith is continually changing to meet the needs of the community. We are an information and referral center for food, clothing, and utility assistance from other agencies. Contact us and we can direct you to the right agencies even though you may not fit into our financial guidelines. Click here for more ways to help.
Did You Know?
- FOUNDED - In 1987 ten local pastors started Active Faith as a non-denominational, non-discriminating, licensed, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization recognized by the IRS. All donations are tax-deductible.
- AREAS WE SERVE - The 84 square mile area comes under six different municipalities and covers parts of Oakland, Livingston and Washtenaw counties.
- THOSE IN NEED - Active Faith Community Services has worked with low-income households residing within our 84 square mile rural school district. Established as a food pantry and clothing closet, we have not veered from our original mission. By achieving our goal to help individuals become self sufficient, we realize that it is only as we help others that we succeed.
- .FOOD DISTRIBUTION - We distribute twice a month to an average of 175 households. Our volunteers make 360 home deliveries throughout the year and provided emergency food assistance when needed. In 2017 we distributed 194,295 pounds of food to families in the South Lyon School District.
- VOLUNTEERS - In 2017, our volunteers logged in a total of 5,968 community hours on behalf of our organization.
- DONOR OPPORTUNITIES - Sponsoring a Shelf, sponsoring a lane during the “Strike Out Hunger” fundraiser and annual food drives are just some of the many ways to donate to Active Faith.
- GROW A ROW - Active Faith is calling on individuals and/or community groups to "Grow A Row" of vegetables in their home garden. When crops ripen, growers will deliver them to Active Faith. These fresh, locally grown and nutrient-dense vegetables will then be distributed to Active Faith clients on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month. Please join us in combating food insecurity and in nourishing families and children in our community.